of green cotton buds and ants in the vast blue sky

Monday, December 24, 2007

What i love most about Christmas - the numerous gatherings, the pretty decorations, and the general goodwill and warmth that comes about cos with so many holidays in December, everybody's usually in a great mood.

What I dislike - the obligatory gift exchanges and the piles of general clutter which i had specified that people not get me. But still, they did.

And it's also at times like this, that you can see who're the genuinely nice people, who're the cheapskates and who're those who really really mind whether you get them a gift in return or not.

First up, the cuter and some, more thoughtful, gifts -- such as the meowmeow cookie tin with the meowmeow card. :)

Next up, the foodies, funkies (actually, just the coaster's funky) and the wellies (the Pooh towel's gotta be my fave, along with the fortune in the bottle thing).

And lastly, the tackies. I don't mean to sound ungrateful or anything, but a sea-horse shaped correction tape? Tacky. Very tacky. Suddenly the gilt photo frame which i had found tacky at first sight is looking so much better?? (PS: that frame looks much tackier in real life. it's a photogenic frame that's all.) And I really really do appreciate the kind thoughts, but somehow, the snail placemat and the toothbrush holder are just.... a tad on the childish side?

I'll admit it. I'm totally biased. Haha, if i like a person, even a mundane photo frame, chocs or toy will seem sweet to me. But if i don't... it's better they don't bother. :) Saves us both the trouble, haha!

Seriously, if people don't have anything better to get, they should really just not bother. I mean, gifts should come from the heart and if they don't, it's better not given, isn't it? Now I'm left with a whole lot more clutter, and headaches pondering what to do with them.

3 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Blogger stillwaitin said...

picky picky! hahahaha but I totally understand wat u mean..
I mean.... even a simple email can touch my heart cos it's it comes from the heart! =)

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger t` said...

wow you're fast. wahaha, and it's not picky... it's called why do they bother when it's just more clutter?
some of the stuff are the kind i look at and think "somebody gave this to their kids and they didn't know what to do with it, i bet."
at least get something useful that won't clutter up my place! (e.g. cookies/chocs or a simple card will do) :)

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Earlgreylatte said...

Oh Ratties!!! You have so many little gifts!!! hee hee And i agree... it's really the person who gives the gift... hee...and i love the meowmeow tin... but i dun think Tweet likes it very much. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home