of green cotton buds and ants in the vast blue sky

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas this year was, unexpectedly, fun.

The first sign I had that Christmas was coming was a card from sminties, so early in the December mail. :)
I thought of baking for my colleagues, especially since one would be leaving us to join another division come January 09. But I guess I've grown too old. I no longer had the energy nor enthusiasm to do sweet little things like I might've done in the past. This was from a batch that I baked back in October I think, specially decorated for Papa cos I felt rather guilty, always making them eat the burnt or ugly ones.

And here are my gifts and souvenirs for this Xmas. Surprisingly, the office gift exchange went quite well. And there was much less clutter compared to the previous year. In fact, I was quite lucky and got a choice gift - a shoe bag that quite a few of us youngsters were eyeing. Heh!

Oh, and the necklace that YL got me with the "lovers' band" on it? The design is actually an imitation of Cartier's classic screwdriver design, and I only realised it when I saw the huge Cartier signboard at Taka the other day. No wonder bakushit was giving me funny looks, haha!

And lastly, Minnie Snow and Mickey Snow wish us all a very Merry Christmas and promises of a great year to come in 2009!

3 Comments:

At 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oH my GOODNESS..i din noe it's Cartier's screwdriver design!! i'm sooo not into jewelry..lolz..
i seem to alwayz look for accessories for u babes whenever i go sumwhere..so this time i have decided to give u all sumtin different..hope u will like it..i'm not that creative w gifts..sadz~haha~~

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger t` said...

oh you didn't know?? Wendy knew leh! haha, she gave me a duh look when i said hey the Cartier one looks like mine!
and it's OK, it's the thought that counts. no gifts also OK one!

 
At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes it's the thought that counts... and btw, i have so many pple telling me the heart necklace you gave me is so pretty!!! and yes, they asked issit from my bF! !!! haha

the chip & dale cookie mould look very cute leh!!!

and the hanuta... haha u arranged them!!!

-muiz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home