of green cotton buds and ants in the vast blue sky

Thursday, April 09, 2009

The days before the big move, everybody was busy packing and taking snapshots of our old office grounds. I'd thought I'd be so glad to move that I wouldn't feel an ounce of sadness. I'd even scoffed at fellow colleagues who'd said they'd miss the old office at Kallang.

But on the day of the move, as we took the mini-van over to the new office, I looked back at the old office where I'd spent the past year, almost, and I actually felt poignant. Perhaps cos my favourite security uncle wasn't moving with us. Nobody to greet me "cute xiao mei!" every morning in future. :(
And so we moved on Monday. A look at my new office below. We're located on level 2 and here's the door to our office...and the pantry located outside the office.
And here's my workstation. :) Brought lots of photos to decorate my "walls".

It's semi-open concept and there's no partition between me and my right-hand neighbour but other than that, I like it much more than my previous workstation. Notice my cabinet's filled with my own stuff. I've chucked most of the files in the shelf below my desk for easier access, i.e. nobody should have to open my cabinets and drawers to find anything now. No excuses!
A closer look at some of the stuff at my workstation. Clockwise from the top left:

1. my "Do Not Disturb" comic, nodame-chan and my frolick badge from sminties
2. a 'durian' from the intern J, MS's craft heart to me during Workplan in March and memories of Tioman 2003
3. A healthcare benefits booklet from CCD division (basically I took it for the cute rats :)
4. Fifi's teddy pen to me in my makeshift pen holder, lots of quotes and a poem pinned to my wall, and Boss Tr's b-day gift to me last year - a white rat paper clip holder, with YL's lil' black rabbit clips peeking out from it
5. Memories from Osaka trip 2005, and other people who matter to me. Actually had more photos to display but there really wasn't enough space.
It's funny how much difference a conducive environment makes to me. I actually look forward to going to work in the mornings now just so I can see my pretty workstation! :)

1 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger stillwaitin said...

nice~

I think I shd start decorating mine too cos I don't exactly look fwd to work every morning....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home